1.11.2008

A sad day

As many of y'all have probably heard (since this has made national news), Lance Corporal Maria Lauterbach from Camp Lejeune, NC was missing since before Christmas. She was due to testify against one of her superiors in a rape case (she was the victim). She was 20 years old and when she went missing, was 8 months pregnant. I had been following this case all week due to the fact that she is a Marine and stationed down here at the coast too. Sadly, today they found her body in a shallow grave by a road very familiar to us. My heart aches for this girl and her unborn baby. I will never understand how anybody could kill another human being. Remember her poor family in your prayers.

11 comments:

Karen said...

This is just so very sad. I cannot understand it, either. We need to lift her family up in fervent prayer.

Mimi said...

thank you for posting this... I had heard it on the news but did not catch the details... I will most certainly pray for her family.. it has to be so very difficult for them to not only lose a daughter, but a grand child as well...

Melinda said...

Oh my ! I came across your blog via "Heather K's" How sad was your last post. My Prayers will be with this young lady as well as for her family. I cannot for the love of me understand, like you how someone can take the life of another.

Take Care Melinda (Australia)

Jennifer said...

Oh my. Thanks for posting this as a reminder of who precious life is.

Gena said...

My heart truly goes out to this family. We did pray for them last night. Here in Atlanta, they just found a young woman who had been missing. She was hiking with her dog and a man kidnapped and killed her. Evidently, this is not his first time. We have been praying for these victims and their families. I will never, ever understand this.

Kelli said...

I have been reading this story too, so sad. I am praying for her family.
Hugs,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Just so sad it breaks my heart. Your mom is so right about prayer.





Love the sound of Michael Buble on your blog. I might have to just sit here and listen for awhile. You know that's my song for my husband...love that guy!

College Gal said...

that is terrible. i'm praying for her family also. God bless them.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That is very sad....such a tragedy!

Beach Girl said...

Yes, very sad. My prayers will be for her family.

Vanessa

Lori said...

OH that is so sad. My prayers go out to the family.